Lives in Bilbao (Basque Country). His work in the world of film includes his movies, cinema programming, writing, teaching, music and the stage. He holds a doctor in fine arts (2013) from the University of the Basque Country, with the doctoral thesis titled Fricciones. Artificios dramáticos en el Cine contemporáneo (Frictions. Dramatic Devices in Contemporary Film). Guest professor on the InCreArte master's programme at the University of the Basque Country. From 2013 to 2016 he co-directed the Puerta cultural space in Bilbao along with Laura Fernández Conde and Rosa Parma...
Pantalla Fantasma is an annual Audiovisual Exhibition that features radical, extreme, destructive, strange audiovisuals…regarding the form rather than the means, in every case, and within a number
pantalla fantasma is an Audiovisual Competition held on an annual basis oriented specifically towards radical, extreme, destructive, subversive audiovisuals...
5th phantom screen strange film festival
Phantom Screen is an annual Film Season that detects fringe, underground, outsider and strange films, with regard to their form rather than their substance and in parameters of marginality due to their intense nature.
Final submision date: October 15
- Feature radical, extreme, subversive, destructive audiovisuals and/or those that attempt to attain the impossible,
– Requirement: only audiovisuals that last more than the minimum duration of 40 minutes (or just under) are accepted,
– Prepare a programme consisting of totem-works, in other words, each audiovisual has its isolated projection time. Avoid sessions in which there is a mare magnum of works of short duration,
– Give visibility to films with formats other than videoart (in other words, videos looped in a museum gallery) or films incrusted in conventional gallery circuits,
– Propose a questioning, awkward and destabilising set of contemporary audiovisuals.
SCREEN because it is conceived as an examination that detects the audiovisual happening inside the boundaries of a light area.
PHANTOM because it claims a "ghost" attitude of aiming for something unattainable, with no fear of surrendering to the format.
FESTIVAL where the projected movies explore the limits of the audiovisual, extremes in a formal sense but not obvious, carnal without displaying the flesh represented.Manifiesto:
It proposes the search for subversions of the audiovisual language, destructive and marginal proposals.
"If the white lid of the screen could reflect light of its own, it would burst the universe" Luis Buñuel.